Saturday, June 05, 2004

Moi, Suomi

Well that phone interview turned out to be pretty momentous. I was offered a job in Finland that I really can't refuse. The pay is great, the project is absolutely incredible (to the point of being down-right daunting), the company is excellent... the only bad point is it's not in Dublin.

Despite the fact that I've all but formally accepted the position, it and it's consequences are still popping up in my thoughts quite a lot. The people I'm going to miss, the places I won't be able to go to, the things I won't get to do (like eventually form that band that gets to gig in Whelans for one night only...). Ah well, I guess that's what keeps life interesting - as soon as you have some vague plan, the landscape alters - I'd rather adapt with it than sit sadly wishing it hadn't.

I guess I'll just have to get broadband and start an online ex-pat community with Annie and Stephen :)

Apart from my imminent immigrant status, I met some of my older cousins in Cafe en Seinne on the 2nd, went home for two nights, which was relaxing except for being unable to sleep because it was too quiet, and came back up here yesterday.

I've to sort out some of those projects yet... I don't get to demo until Wednesday which is really annoying, and we've to look into accomodation in Italy (and elsewhere probably for the interrail trip!).

Listening to the Smashing Pumpkins on Phantom FM
Still jealous of Annie's gmail account :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Quote me when using such greats as "so empathetic, it's almost sycophantic"! It's little enough I come up with these things :)

Except for today when I absently replied to a question with "At five o clock in the morning before an exam with 3 hours sleep, my sexual preference is NONE!"
Wahoo! I get to be the first commentator!

Sun Jun 06, 04:40:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger Laina said...

what a shame. I just stumbled across this while I was clicking on other people with bell x1 in their profiles and now you're gonna go move to finland and never play whelans, which is down the road from me, or make that thing with the cheesecake. (I'm sure it had a more important function than that, but I got distracted.)

Tue Jun 08, 01:51:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home