Sunday, April 23, 2006

Return of The Thing

I'm back home from my trip, eh, home. Had a great time, I'm not the best at staying in touch with distal people, so it's beautiful to meet friends you haven't seen for a while (or more than a while) and find that you still connect in the same way. It's similarly lovely to get to meet the new people in their lives, birds of a feather etc. As usual, the number of things to do and people to see expanded to exceed my stay, and regrettably there are still a couple of names unchecked on my "must see" list. You know who you are, next time I hope.

It was also a little bit surreal - but I like surreality - especially spending time in Seamas's apartment exactly one floor down from my 4th year dorm (where this blog had it's confused birth in a fit of procrastination amidst portents of The End of Things), playing frisbee (well, trying at least) on the green in the centre of campus. It was like traveling back to the near past, or vicariously living the "stayed at home and did a master's" possibility. Even the weather was photoshopped-reminiscences pristine for the most part. Or perhaps it wasn't, and these are already reminiscences, curse you subjectivity.

I even managed to fend off a sieging cold until yesterday. Now I'm desperately trying to OD on OJ and make it go away, much much work to catch up on, starting tomorrow, early, with a day long meeting. Actually, scratch that, starting now with some background reading - my best laid plan to revise that stuff before breakfast is sure to gang aft aglay.

technorati tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home