Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Changes

The visit of the parental units was a lot like Changing Rooms or whatever the hell it is now. I have curtains (no little thing, I have an apartment-wide window facing west), a comfy computer chair, and general order. I very nearly had a dining table and four chairs besides. I think they really enjoyed it (no irony), and it's nice that there's a bit of them in the room. Metaphorically, of course.

I've also finally figured out why I can't record my guitar on my computer. It's a very tricky issue, involving treatises on buffers, ADC chips etc, but can be summarised as follows: my current soundcard is, technically speaking, a bunch of arse. Unfortunately, I work very close to the computer equivalent of IKEA (bless you Verkkokauppa!), and have just purchased a Creative Audigy ZS. Like an ageing celebrity, my computer has increasingly few original parts left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home