Thursday, October 13, 2005

Politicking

Hello hello,

I've been uncharacteristically silent lately, I'm not quite sure why.

Autumn is really settling in over here - the trees are mostly non-green, and working their way slowly through their annual strip-tease. Temperatures hover around 10 degrees, and the beautiful blue skies we've been enjoying here lately lead to treacherous declination in atmospheric warmth after sunset.



As for the title - you're probably not aware, but Finland passed a simply daft copyright bill here last Wednesday. Myself and Alex were protesting outside the parliament the day before, and today we were signature hunting for a petition beseeching the President to exercise her constitutional powers and send the bill back to Parliament for further consideration unratified.

On another note I've been having a series of very vivid, very strange dreams. Everything from being sent to jail (I was taking the fall for something, and was peeved), to being involved in bizarre US election results.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Oi--there must be something going around! I, too have been having vivid dreams of the strange variety--most recently, it was of being threatened by someone, who I gently grasped by the shoulder with my thumb and first finger, and lightly tossed over my shoulder. But nothing as scary as U.S. politics.......oh, yes--I just learned that i successfully passed the state examination--I'm a proper massage therapist now!:)

Fri Oct 14, 08:24:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Congratulations! The world has just entered a more relaxed, groovy state, now your healing hands are licenced to spread the love!

Aye, I was fairly fascinated by your dreams, the unattached consciousness is pretty scary!

Whatever it is, it's still going around. The night of posting I had a very vivid dream, where I went to prison in Cork. I remember thinking "well, this must mean those dreams I were having are prophetic, I wonder if the politics one is going to come true too".

I wonder if it's all just cheese before bedtime, or if my subconsciousness is screaming something at me.

Sat Oct 15, 03:27:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Oh lordy, even the 3.27am timestamp doesn't excuse "those dreams I were having". The shame.

Sat Oct 15, 03:28:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger M said...

I loved the introduction, about the trees doing strip-tease. I would love to see that on a school kid's paper about the seasons.

The thing to keep in mind about dreams is that you're always everyone in them, and not just the person you identify with. So if you dream you're put in jail you're not just the prisoner, you're the police officer, the jailer -- whoever else happens to be in the dream.

Wed Oct 19, 06:34:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I guess that explains the times I've dreamt in the third person.

Sun Oct 23, 08:29:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home