Friday, August 05, 2005

Dejà vu

I have exactly €32.43 in my bank account, and it's over two weeks till payday. The noodles have been stock-piled; they fill the gaps between the tuna and tomato tins and the curry-powder. The guitar has also found itself used for songwriting purposes for the first time in far too long, and I sincerely hope this is unrelated - I don't want to have to starve to summon my muse. Apart from the pre-uni shortness of my mop it's Uni all over again.

Thankfully this situation is (probably) temporary. I'm waiting on an overdue money transfer from Ireland. I awake every morning, check my balance, then utter righteous howls along the lines of "Three working days they said! Those complete and total jobsworth bastards!" or just "'SWIFT' me hole!" depending on the amount of caffeine that has made it to the old thinking bean by that stage.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Been there, done that. The (insert god of your preference here) bless imperishable food.

Fri Aug 05, 10:44:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

I say we thank Dennit, the great god of tinned goodness, lest he fill our tins with botulism in his wrath...

Sat Aug 06, 11:50:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home