Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Fun in the sun

Hei hei,

What a weekend. The weather lived up to the promises of the forecasters (Sunday was billed to be "Delightful, with overcast periods" which is decidedly un-Finnish, and just demonstrates what Finns might be like if it was sunny here all year round...)


Anywhoo, after a refined evening out with Lorna and some of her friends on Friday, Alex and I did the first 50km of Reitti 2000 on Saturday - a cross country bike route with terrain ranging from nice paved road, to rocky tracks, to "I can't believe it's not bog". My poor, light, little kerb-hoppin' city bike made me proud (even if the front wheel is no longer perfectly planar). We arrived back at my place from Espoon Keskus by train, made some food, and collapsed in front of the "Team America: World Police" DVD that Niamh the super-thoughtful (kisses) sent me by post (surprise postal packages are like mini-Christmas). I'd spent a lot of time in Paris completely out of the loop, pondering the hidden hilarity of "I'm so wownwy..."


Sunday saw me doing a little bit more cycling (speedy city sprinting this time), rock climbing with Joonas on real rock at long last (unfortunately I sucked), and er... better say "spontaneous swimming" at Seurasaari, in the sun, at 10pm. I then went home and practiced skateboarding. To say I suck at that too is an understatement, but it's more fun than walking, and shall be my new mode of commuting after the move. The board has been christened Yorick for obvious reasons.

Anyone who attempts to refer to me as "skater boy" shall be first against the wall after The Revolution - you have been warned.

Oh and what do you think of the new avatar thingie? I was saddened to see other people use my "totally unique" South-Park style self-representation. Gilles has cartoonised me (in about ten seconds, amazing), and given me a semblance of hair-style, so I'm switching to this instead :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verse 1
I'm so ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone, there's no one, just me onry, sitting on my rittle throne...
I work rearry hard and make such great prans, but nobawdy ristens, no one understands, its rike no one takes me serirousrrrRRY?! I'm so ronery...poor rittle me.....

Verse 2
There's nobody I can rerate to, I'm trapped rike a bird in a cage, it's kinda sirry...but not rearry, cause it's firring my body with rage...I'm the strongest the smartest, most physicawry fit, but nobody seems to rearise it, when I change the worrd, maybe they'rhl notice meeeEEEEEE?!? Tirhl then I guess, I'rhl just be ronery, so ronery, poor rittle me...........so.....roneryEEEEEEEE.....

Tue Jun 21, 11:51:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger Trey said...

I like the avatar, congrats on the board (great name)!

Wed Jun 22, 06:49:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home