Tuesday, June 14, 2005

On the move

Salut mes amis!

Well Paris was fantastic. Almost a fortnight ago now, damn my tardiness, but I spent many hours over the weekend developing and printing some of my photos of the trip by hand so it's very fresh in my mind.

Well when I say that "I" did it, I should clarify: my friend Antti, a professional photographer in his spare time, attempted to teach me how it's done, illustrating many tricks of the trade... and I tried not to get in the way.

In effect, the man booked a photo lab in Helsinki, developed both our films, then proceeded to help me choose the best from mine, and print each of them just so, attempting to correct for my shoddy photography, and making sure each was the best it could be before moving on. I think one in particular took almost an hour. I'm profoundly grateful to have five A4 sized prints I'm very delighted to lay some small claim to (even if the best shot of the bunch was captured by Seamas - I'd love to pretend it was mine, but this may be tricky, given I'm in the picture...).

On another note, it's finally completely official - I'm moving from Pasila. Joonas has purchased a rather nice apartment in town, and I'll be renting a room from him. On the upside, it'll be central, merely a kilometer from work. Oh, and living with someone might just recalibrate my circadian rhythms a little. On the downside, my most enjoyable 6km morning sprints will be no more. I'm in two minds as to whether to pretend work is in fact very far away, and take a circuitous route, or to seek alternative commuting pleasure in the form of a skateboard. Comments welcome.

Today I became unseated once more from my bicycle. In the middle of a road. I was trying to learn how to "wheelie", and generally successful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Darkroom adventures can be fun, though a bit smelly!
I never learned to "wheelie" on any form of two wheeled transport (sold the HD today, by the by), nor have I ever succesfully ridden hands free--I always wipe out. That from someone who picked up basic contact juggling in a month.......

Tue Jun 14, 03:49:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger Trey said...

I vote for the skateboard--"Lords of Dogtown" opens soon--mayhaps you might pick up a pointer or two:)

Tue Jun 14, 03:51:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you do in Paris?

Wed Jun 15, 04:44:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

The darkroom is magical, I had no idea. Probably best to try learning on something light... the thought of over cooking it on a motorbike is just bad.

As for Paris, if you just wait till I have more photos to link to, I'll get around to doing a full write-up :)

Wed Jun 15, 08:29:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger M said...

You can still take credit for the photo by saying it was taken with a timer. ;)

Sat Jun 18, 11:29:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home