Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sushi Chef

On Wednesday myself and Alex took our first tottering steps on the path to sushi-chefdom. In one five our stint we learned the history of sushi, and how to make different kinds, and general tidbits about sushi culture, Japan, fish, rice and cows.

I love useless bits of information. If only they weren't useless, then I could be an expert and earn a PhD in Factoid Studies. Factoid is an appropriate term, in that it is reminiscent of hemorrhoid, and like hemorrhoids, factoids are things many people would rather not be subject to, would rather not discuss at dinner parties, and find irritating at best, but I digress.

Did you know a real sushi-chef undergoes a ten year apprenticeship? And for the first three years he does nothing but make rice (to learn how to make tiny adjustments in the water level to compensate for humidity)? Or that you need a special license to become a Fugu chef and serve possibly deadly blowfish (who says The Simpsons doesn't educate?). Ah, but do you care? Possibly not. Anyway, these are my sushi:








1 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Looks yummy! Not that I'm suggestable or anything, but I think I'll be off to Ichiban (down the street)now--I'm suddenly hungry:)?

Tue May 31, 04:01:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home