Friday, April 01, 2005

Geek

You can have all sorts of interesting hobbies - hobbies that may, at the moment even be considered "cool", but if you've got one, your inner geek will shine through.

Here's a particularly funky inner geek test: if this elicits no excitement, you are a normie. If, on the other hand, it excites you as few things have done thus far this year, you are - like me - a geek. Though I am an extreme case beyond redemption. Were my bladder not empty when I received notification of this going live by email, "he wet himself with excitement" might have been more than a crude exaggeration.

This is definitely something I'm going to tweak over the coming days. It is also something that is assuredly going to crash - practically every component is in beta, so if the link is dead, check again later.

The weather here is glorious (though still kinda chilly at 9 degrees). I'm starting to hanker after a synth/midi controller. I've just realised the extreme non-sequitur nature of that comment reflects on the intensity of the hankering. This will have to be handled carefully, else I'll be holidaying on credit!

Have a good weekend everyone!

**Update 24/4/2005
I'm afraid my cool mysterious geek thing is going to be offline for a while, due to cool mysterious geek reasons. It'll be back in new and improved form soon...

11 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Oh,dear...I seem to be a bit more geeky than I realized :)

Sun Apr 03, 02:58:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That. Rocks. 'nuff said

Sun Apr 03, 05:16:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger M said...

The link was dead when I tried it, but I will try again later. :)

Sun Apr 03, 09:14:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes me a normie then.

Tue Apr 05, 12:20:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really quite cool dave!

Tue Apr 05, 02:14:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take it back, thats ultra-cool.

Tue Apr 05, 03:04:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

I'd figured it was down when you say it the first time :)

Tue Apr 05, 03:06:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! But can it handle server side includes and process data from a remote database? Actually what WOULD be cool is if it could have a form that would deliver a sort of "local" sms. That way I could bug you anytime I was online :)

Ah for the days of living in the 1st world and being able to play with such toys.

And my you had a grouchy face when I asked for a picture!

Tue Apr 05, 05:49:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Apologies, I'm a little sleep deprived these days :) Well, I'm not certain, but I think the short answer to all your questions is yes. I'll add a facility to let people leave notes, that I'll get alerted to, seems like a good idea :D

Tue Apr 05, 10:19:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm starting to hanker after a synth/midi controller. I've just realised the extreme non-sequitur nature of that comment reflects on the intensity of the hankering."

Is this not a *litte* verbose? When I have to go to the dictionary to look up words in your blog, you've gone too far!

Wed Apr 06, 01:01:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My browser crashes every time i try to open it :( will have to try from home lateron..

Wed Apr 13, 07:50:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home