Thursday, July 21, 2005

Back!

Right so, after being chastised this morning for not filling your screens with drivel in so long, witness: drivel.

Part of the reason I've been so silent is I was incommunicado in Disneyland Paris for a whole week. I'd like to say I hired to infiltrate the park on a secret mission, but I have to admit that I was merely holidaying there with Niamh, Ian and Rebekka. The weather was possibly too spectacular, leading to much trying on of hats, and long bouts of doing not-very-much in the sun. No that's not a euphimism - it was far too hot for that outdoors, and anyway, think of the children won't you?

The other reason is that 'till yesterday, the weather here has been similarly excellent. Sunshine brings out a real carpe diem spirit in the Finns and foreigners alike, so I found myself participating in all sorts of archipelago activities from picnicing to finding rocks not marked on the sea-charts with the bottom of Joonas' boat, to being dragged behind it at by a rope at 20kmph (more fun than it sounds).

Oh, and I let a friend cut my hair. This is most of the divorced follicle spawn which littered her floor afterwards. I then let a professional "fix" it.

The final reason for is that I've gotten my synth all nicely set up in front of my computer, and what starts as an "Oh, I'll update my blog" urge winds up as a four hour jam with my imaginary band buddies Leroy (drums), Merv (double bass), and Tito (alto sax - I generally play rhodes or filthy organ), or with me loosing the guys and wigging out electro style, depending on my mood.

7 Comments:

Blogger M said...

You could create a cat with all that hair. :)

Fri Jul 22, 07:10:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it *was* a cat!

Fri Jul 22, 12:03:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

It is rather a lot of hair :)

Fri Jul 22, 06:50:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your head must be TINY!!

Fri Jul 22, 07:08:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

pin-headedness... my secret shame...

Fri Jul 22, 07:11:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger Trey said...

eeek! haircut! *faints*

Fri Jul 22, 09:23:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And eh, what are you going to do for a pet, now that you've killed the Tribble!? It used to look so cute, sitting atop your head, occasionally lifting up and making "meeble-meeble!" noises when excited...I miss the Tribble....by the way that photo was a bit of a tease - we saw the floor, we saw the hair, we even saw the legs, but what about the naked pinhead??(no one take that description out of context)

Sat Jul 23, 12:06:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home