Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy New Year!

Hello hello,

Belated best wishes for the future to one and all.  My 2006 started a little inauspiciously, I had a bit of a cold, and lost a sum of money playing poker with my extended family on New Year's, then once back in Finland my computer died, leading to a bout of radio silence.  In all honesty, it didn't die, so much as become terminally ill, whence, attempting resuscitation, I accidentally euthanized it, but I don't like to tell it that way.  Many family members trust me with their computer's mysterious inner organs, and I don't want to disillusion them.  Likewise, I don't inform them the magical "incantations" I employ when necromancing their hardware are sotto voce curses.  The world needs more mystery. 

I've decided not to make any new years resolutions just yet.  January seems a bad time to pledge change, I find it an attritious month at the best of times, without the hardship of pledged self-improvement.  This time of year more than any other finds me retreating to the soft bosom of minor vices I'd be likely to swear off: sugary milky coffees, chocolate, and late-night gaming sessions and attendant day-sleeping.  God help newly minted non-smokers.

On a brighter note, happy birthday to the inestimable, the inimitable, the ineffable, the one and only... Taarzaan!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah, your eager and hungry readers are pleasantly surprised to find an update.

Happy New Year to you!

Annie

Tue Jan 10, 03:46:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Trey said...

Cheers! It's been a lovely time, made even brighter by a good old fashioned post by sensei Delta--happy new year, too! There's going to be a piss up at Amber's Saturday--wish you could attend.

Tue Jan 10, 11:43:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger delta said...

Hi Annie, you too :) Nice to see your name light up in my RSS reader every so often!

Hope the birthday piss-up is good, and the hangover is miraculously absent :)

Thu Jan 12, 06:06:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Trey said...

Thanks for the mojo--the piss up was a sound success, and the hangover lost my address and wound up at some other poor bastard's house:)?(pirate smiley with hook)

Tue Jan 17, 02:45:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home