Friday, June 11, 2004

Fin

Well I just moved out of Goldsmith, and I'm sitting in LG12 for probably the last time, my accounts will have expired by the time we get back. That's it, the last bridge has been lit!

I'm too tired to care at the moment. Last night myself and the inestimable Ian pre-booked our interrail accomodation up until the 7th of July. It was really very difficult, and we made some choices on behalf of everyone in the group which may not be popular - like cutting out Krakow: we found out about 30 minutes later that Annie was really looking forward to there (sorry Annie...). Then I ended up staying at his place: there were raucious drunks maurauding outside the windows at 3am, then the girls stumbled up and down the stairs repeatedly, slamming doors at about 4.

This morning I shuffled back to my place, cleaned up my room, and took on the gaurgantuan task of cleaning up our kitchen. The floor turned out to be sky-blue rather than navy - who knew! Then after all that John organised a possie, and together we moved the fussball table, "liberated" from outside of Kennedys one night, down 4 flights of stairs, down the treacherous back stairs, and down the corridor, resting it proudly in its new home: the JCR. May it bring truimphal joy, and agonising defeat to many.

In other news, thanks to Annie I got gmail, and it rocks! (Guess I didn't repay her so well, with the whole skipping Krakow thing... or the breaking of her bowl...) I've also lost my ticket for the trip to and from Munich, which is irritating (no, it's not karmic, this happened before!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Laina said...

we skipped karakow when we went interrailing last year too. didn't book anything more than a night ahead from whatever city we were in, gave us a lot of choice and we were never stuck. You'll have a ball; I'm jealous.

Fri Jun 11, 06:45:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry Dave, you can repay me in other ways... actually I know someone who would like a gmail account so you could just give me back an invitation when you get one.

Nice one on all the booking of the hostels etc. I don't mind missing certain things, after all I'm only young and will need an excuse to go back to Europe!

Its sad isn't it, leaving Goldsmith, leaving Front Arch, the rugby pitch and even lg12? It makes me sad anyway to think of never going back to all these places, and all of the new first-third years who will be taking our places in those labs in which we spent so much time... ah, we have new places to hang out in, and new late night conversations to hold in exotic and exciting locations (like Helsinki and London). It will be fun, but it is still sad ...

Sat Jun 12, 04:45:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home