Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sky salt

So it's snowing at last, in that powdery little way it does up here.  You get little sand-devils of snow moving down the street, it's very dry.  I'd be delighted, except I've been doing some work outside recently, where you remember the corollary of "It is snowing" is "It is cold" (this is the polite, anatomically unspecific, blasphemy free version) - minus twenty without factoring some serious windchill.  I did have one zen moment amidst the chill, when a perfect, perfect, six armed snowflake landed flat on my screen, was back lit for a second, then contracted into a tiny droplet. 

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Minus twenty, agh, you poor thing! I had heard that in Russia this is the coldest winter they've had in fifty years, and schools are closed. I bet it's not very different were you are.

Thu Jan 19, 07:07:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger delta said...

Yes, from what I've read it's very harsh in Russia - while it's colder than usual for this time of year here, it's nothing extreme - minus thirty in Moscow is a different story. Can I trade you a snowball for some Portuguese sunshine?

Thu Jan 19, 11:47:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home