Thursday, May 04, 2006

Philosophical

On reflection, recent history had indicated to me that having insurance would be judicious (ask Heinz), but here I stand, tinily representative of humanity's incapacity to learn from History.

On slightly more zen-like reflection, I have my health, friends, family, a job, and two front teeth (touch wood) for fuck sake - it's mentally and spiritually unhealthy to mourn lost possessions, or to get attached to mere things.

But the observation with the most clarity, that rings most of Truth: he who is so dumbassed naive as to leave his attractive bike untethered, yea even in the locked apartment basement, has delivered his application to The School of Hard Knocks, with acceptance pending.

In other news, simply prefixing my heretofore inconsequential "behave!" command with "Taarzaan says" caused the computer to take heed. She's been running smoothly ever since. I officially give up on you, Simple Simon, you just don't cut the mustard. Let us hope Taarzaan's other decree comes to pass with equal effectiveness. And while you're figuring out why I made those words blue, click on Anonymous's link at the end of that page - his blog will soon change topic somewhat, I salute you sir.

Finally, I am approximately 8766 hours old. Thanks to the rate of Earth's solar orbit, that equals cake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Cake!!!!
Let the DeltaFestival begin --world wide! Dancing in the street!
Hobbling, whimpering bike thieves!
Food, drink, and CAKE!!
Happy Day!!

Thu May 04, 05:51:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger darren said...

cake is good. enjoy!

Thu May 04, 09:49:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home