Saturday, May 06, 2006

Being me

A massive thank you to all who made my birthday so memorable. For those of you who had to miss the goings on, what with prior engagements, geographical problems, what have you - the scarily creative Helsinki bunch printed masks of, well, me. Very *very* disquieting to come home and find you have an androgynous clone cohort. I feel a rapport with John Malkovich. Thanks again, it was really rather rare and wonderful, and I hope I can reciprocate on the relevant dates.

For now, I'm off second hand bike shopping. I've decided that this is going to be one of those feel-good dramas - I'll look at plenty of shiny bikes with sparkly chrome fenders, but I'll leave them behind knowing other potential owners will snap them up. In the back I'll see one neglected, shy bicycle, stout frame but careworn parts, clearly in need of some TLC. The going will be rough in the beginning - it'll have problems sleeping at night, and then there'll be the phase where it attacks people it doesn't know, but eventually we'll all learn a valuable lesson.


Blimey, this whole anthropomorphisisation (say that ten times quickly) thing has changed my perspective... you don't suppose the last bike... ran off?

4 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

1. The mask thing is too cool-- envious of the mask having tribe.
2. If the other bike did run off, it's because that slutty bike a block over is on heat again. Look for a litter of trikes, or maybe skates in a couple of months.

Sat May 06, 08:16:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so you were the birthday boy in Chris' flickr feed. :)

You might try looking at Green Bike http://www.greenbike.fi/ for a cheap city bike.

Sun May 07, 11:12:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger M said...

So that's what happens to socks when they disappear...

Sun May 07, 09:10:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger djcb said...

As one of the men behind the masks, i can say that it was a great experience. I felt like a scooby doo crook :-)

Sun May 07, 11:48:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home