Friday, January 27, 2006

Not about rights

Must...not...blog...on...digital...rights.

It'd be so easy to do too, I'm beginning to think that RIAA is pronounced "nats-si".  

Instead I'll mention an intersting BBC study I saw about (computer) gaming habits in the UK.  The gender gap isn't as big as you'd imagine, and many people over 65 game.  The eyeopener however, was the 6-10 category.  100% of 6-10 year olds consider themselves gamers.  I guess it's some small comfort to us game-junkies that, rather than stunt our social skills, our gaming is making us into savvier parents who'll be able to understand and interact with junior.  

That's the way I like to spin it anyhow.

Also, after an attrocious climbing session, with no sends and a two metre fall I've vowed to go twice weekly.  If I haven't posted about my weak pinch-grip twice by next Friday, send me old fish in the post.  That'll learn me.  

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What games are you playing now, still a WoW addict?

And cold, you should try living in London right now. Its 4 degrees or something but feels bloody freezing!! The fact that our house is big and old with uneffective radiators means I have to go to bed with a hot water bottle and two quilts and I'm still cold :( I'm on a mission to buy a heater this weekend I think.

Fri Jan 27, 10:43:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger delta said...

Yeah, it's the damp that gets you! With my machine in tatters, I'm reduced to hiding WoW on the (company) laptop (very addicted), though I finally got around to FarCry (so-so) and Half-Life 2(good) in the last few weeks.

Fri Jan 27, 11:56:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Trey said...

pinch grip! Squashing putty is good for that! I have little tins of pretty coloured thera-putty that makes your hands really strong--somebody tried to pull something out of my grasp recently--you should have seen the look on their face! Can you find that in Finland, or shall I mail you some?

Sat Jan 28, 12:25:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger delta said...

Ooh, increased hand-strength! I'll have a look around, I think I know one place, but if I can't find anything like that you're on!

Sun Jan 29, 01:45:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home