Monday, September 20, 2004

Bannaí Rac-Cheol Eirinnigh Abú!

My limited selection of music here has meant I've been looking to internet radio for my sonic fix lately. Media player's "My Stations" feature is buggy as hell, so I've been listening to ShoutCast stations. My two out-and-out favourites are

Radio io Eclectic and Radio Paradise

which you can listen to with WinAmp, or if you prefer, open source players like Foobar2000 and Zinf - both of which have proxy facilities, so you should be able to listen even if your firewall is as tight as a sysadmin's sphincter ("My, that's tight!") The places I could go with this... ( ... and we're good) As an aside if you're looking for looking for simplicity go with Zinf.

Anyway the point was: the music is great, and despite them being American stations (I hazard...) they've both lately played the likes of SnowPatrol and Autamata! (Ok, SnowPatrol aren't exactly Irish, but I equate them with the whole Dublin indie scene, so they're Irish by association -like Josh Ritter!). Radio Paradise played "Glanfaidh Mé" by KiLa today, which had me bouncing all over the place! Great to hear them all, especially on a (virtual) world stage (though it does make me a tad wistful for Whelans, Vicar St, the TBMC et al).

Of course if Dublin indie's what you're wanting, there's really only one place: Phantom FM

Dá mbeadh ceol tradisiúnta ag teastail uait: LiveIreland

Rock on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home