Sunday, September 19, 2004

pi/4 out of phase

Whew! Just back from a great night out! Rendez-vouzed with Gilles and Agathe at the "tragically hip" Corona Bar with the intention of playing some pool. Wandered on to Sauna bar when it became apparant that the tables were fully booked for the night, and there witnessesed Finns playing monopoly as a bar-sport (!), discussed some big ideas (which I'd like to riff on, but it's way beyond my current capacity), and finally acquired a table to call our own! Alex met us there some time later, and his reputation as a big "dance-head" got him nominated as our post-closing time guide.

After a bit of wandering around Helsinki, he steered us to DTM or "Don't Tell Momma", a gay bar apparantly reputed for its good music. This was good enough for the French pair, who were just interested in dancing; I didn't hold out much hope for this part of the night, not being much of a clubber, so once they were happy I acquised. I've been getting progressively into electronica lately, and in my limited experience, the reputation is justified. The others were great fun, and over all I have to say I had a great night.
dtm

So this combined with my staying up till 6am yesterday tracking down poems and short stories on the fringes of my memory that I'd rather not lose to the void (I may add some of these to my website if anyone's interested), and my not arising till 3pm today makes me feel about 6 hours out of phase with the rest of the world. But then, you got that from the title, right? :)

Oh yeah: Annie, I just got the email about the pics, I'll get to work on it straight away. John, I'm afraid this talk was a little more mundane: it focused on his TBL's opinions on [the evils of] a .mobi domain space, and how the web on phones will work.

Niamh, táim brónach 's tú im' dhíth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home