Monday, September 13, 2004

It rhymes with "clucking bell"

Yesterday I got a nearly new sofa from Adrian's friend Patrick. They delivered it, assembled it, and then Patrick went the extra mile by grabbing a drill from his car, adding a dash of serious drill bit, and creating a pair of new holes in my wall. Legend. Unfortunately his flex didn't stretch to the rest, but it was a start.

A start I was determined to finish! I acquired a drill from Joonas, and rose bright and early this morning (before 11am) and set to work. Amazingly I made progress! Really on a charge now I set about screwing in the anchor-hooks for the cables. All was going great until the third one, which was a little stiff. My inner genius said "Oi! Numbscull, there's a wrench over there" and he was right! A few painless turns later and the hook broke off, leaving me with a hook, and a perfectly filled hole. Bollocks. I tried to use my murderous rage as a force for good by finishing the hole in the ceiling, which resulted in the mangling of an innocent drill bit. Reinforcement. Bugger! Perkele! Putain du bordelle de merde!!

On the upside the cycle in to work was fantastic, I went to Taekwondo for the first time which was great and... er... I can curse in three languages. That's enough to be happy about for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danger!Will Robinson!Danger!!!, you appear to be stuck in some sort of GroundHog Day-esque timeloop - the only way to break it is to do the unthinkable - sleep with Andie McDowell!!(Den-den-DEHN!)

Scandalous! I expect original material with each new
blog entry, where here you've clearly just taken two versions of the same events and put them both in!! Thought we wouldn't notice eh...you DISGUST ME!!!!
:) Although now I know, that you don't just post your
first draft

Tue Sept 14, 06:38:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

lol! I'm going to leave everything as is just so that the comment doesn't lose its' context :)

Now the excuse: I accidently closed the browser halfway through publishing, assumed the post was lost, got very very mad, left it for a while, and regurgitate the original thoughts later.

Thought I'd clear that up before you turn up at my door with Andie MacDowell and a piano (though bring the piano, by all means...)

Tue Sept 14, 07:11:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Told ya you'd need more than one bit ya silly git! But no, no one EVER listens to poor Zathrus.

Wed Sept 15, 06:00:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

putain de bordel de merde
fait chier
...
t'en veux d'autres?

Fri Oct 08, 09:40:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home