Monday, August 23, 2004

Wahoo!

I'm currently elated because (I think) my program is working :) I can leave here a happy man!

In other news, here is a picture of me piloting a 9 metre boat below the motorway across Helsinki bay:
Me on a boat

This was no mere pleasure cruise - every year in Helsinki, four fireworks companies have an annual contest to see who's got the biggest rocket, so to speak. The event is called "The Bombardment of Suommenlinna" - an island in the bay. Obviously the best place to see the bombardment is as close to said island as possible, hence the boat (it's Joonas's by the way, I didn't just pick up a boat, really...)

Anyway, the displays were spectacular, and it was great fun jockeying for position with massive million dollar yachts on one side and kayaks on the other. Plus I learned a thing or two about maritime navigation (or at least I pretended I did, and we didn't crash, so it appears I did... excellent!)

The weekend was pretty much spent climbing, or making up for sleep or work I missed during the week. I got Battlefield 1942 on my laptop, and dear god I hadn't realised how fast this thing was! It runs seamlessly, I'm considering buying Doom now (but Jimminy Cricket says to wait till I have my own machine...).

What else... I've got my eye on some nice bikes here, still got no furniture in the flat, am damn hungry so I'm off soon.

Currently getting all nostalgic listening to Damien Rice, missing people/things/Dublin more this week...

But the program works so all is good,
Take care :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your program working. That feeling is so good, tis why we do what we do I spose. Jaysus, talk about missing people, it doesn't sound like you've had time. Climbing, and cruising on boats and having candlelit parties. Corr blimey, looks like fun.
Speaking of bf1942, I think I'm going to buy that as soon as I have some money. Doom is great fun, but a bit boring. And multiplayer only does 4! Condition zero is also on my list. When you have broadband, and I have broadband we can kill each other :)
A

Wed Aug 25, 12:48:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home