Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Home Sweet Home

I thought it would never happen: after running all over the city meeting people and filling in forms (God above I hate paperwork!), they gave me a big jangly bunch of keys! Yay! And so I moved in to my apartment (address on asking :P ). It's a little bare at the moment. I have a fridge, a cooker, and... well that's it. After all was sorted I went climbing with Joonas and Markus, and sent (read: made light work of) a Finnish 5+ grade route, which is nothing to the lads but was a big achievement for me! I was just sitting there (here's the view - note, that blue thing at the bottom is my bed at the minute!)

feeling really good about myself when Markus's head popped up. He climbed the whole damn thing solo (without a rope) which took the sheen off a little :)

After climbing we picked Alex up in town and headed to my new abode where we had a candle-lit house warming... because I have no lights. It's not that I have no bulbs mind, and I don't by the way, it's just that I also have no fixtures. I have wires, and a hook. Here, take a look:

Anyway it was really nice, and very atmospheric. I wish I'd run outside to see what all those candles lined up on a 6th floor windowsill looked like :)

Which reminds me - a shop assistant refused to sell my a cigarette lighter with the candles without a passport. Now, either it's illegal to purchase cigarette lighters withough ID at all over here, or she thought I looked under the legal smoking age - which is 18!! So instead she sold me matches... crazy country!

So that's where I am at the minute. I'm off to get a bed asap, and some lights, and the rest I'll accumulate over time I guess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy housewarming to you, happy housewarming to you....nah it doesn't have the same ring to it really...errr here's to getting light fixtures, hold on actually, is it like the light fixtures are extra when renting "so, in a addition to the rent, there's just monthly charges for the electricity,gas,light fixtures and ballcock for the toilet..." or did the previous residents actually manage to take the light fixtures with them?? Of course the more boring explanation is that its a new unfinished apartment but my imagination takes no joy in that...

Anyway, congratulations, next purchase after the lighter, should be a wok! No home is complete without it! Gotta go a-hunting myself for accommodation this evening - starting that temp job on Monday, so need somewhere to crash, time to get out of home, its a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there :)

Take it easy,

skier

Wed Aug 18, 02:57:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home