Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Generic Diary Entry #3551

I'm just back from Kabuki, the rather excellent Japanese/sushi restaurant close to work. I'm feeling an affinity with the Linux penguin: smiling, bloated, and full of raw fish.

You'll be pleased to know that the ambient light chez David no longer depends solely upon the sun!
lights!
A home-goods orgy at IKEA on Saturday means that the apartment is kitted out with lights, cooking utensils, cutlery, and delph. Oh, and the very essentials, a coffee pot and these:
3 kinds of coffee
Then on Sunday, a quick call-around by Adrian incrememented my furniture count by a further bookshelf, and a TV that won't work without an unfortunately absent remote control. Anyone with any information on Salora TV remotes? Didn't think so...

In other news the new office is great, though there's no room for a couch, or even beanbags (unless...hmmmm...) This is possibly a good thing, as a very senior person is going to move in next door soon, to compliment the already very senior person a little further down the hall. Oh, and we were warned that if necessary they'll give our office away to outranking new acquisitions (so that's anyone, in my case), so best not to go nuts just yet.

I've no other news. Well, I managed to go over the handlebars in the car-park yesterday, to my extreme ebarrassment, but I'm not going to demean myself further by making it public information. Nor will I tell you that five minutes later my saddle came loose forcing me to walk home in the rain, that's too much like wallowing in self pity. If I stray to far down that road, I'll turn into a romantic poet ("I fall upon the fluff of life, I sneeze!")

Incidently, Keats was the first poet to be featured in a computer game. That game was the rather excellent Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, which you can now play via AOL messenger, thanks to some genious AOL bot coding: message Infocombot, Infocombot2, or Infocombot3 to play. Or, if you don't have a permanent net connection, or a mobile phone capable of messenging (What's that? I've ruined your shirt? It's covered with gloat. I see, very good...) you can download a z-machine emulator, get the z-file, and play offline - just like back in the day, when there was no on-line. You'll earn my respect when you get the Babel-fish :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now now, in my defence, white writing makes it very difficult to make out where the bold writing is...talking about your netsoc page, that is.
niamh

Tue Sept 28, 11:08:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, oh nokia person, if one was looking to blow some money on a useful and cool phone what would you recommend? bear in mind it has to look nice too.
A

Wed Sept 29, 10:56:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Maybe I should have another "content" blog about phones...

Anywhoo, you want a phone, and it must have bling, baby!

I recommend:
The 6260!
My very own 7610!
Or, if you really want high fashion,
any of these three!


All but the 7610 are unavailable right now, but then it gives you time to convince people to get them for you for Christmas :)

Wed Sept 29, 12:30:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the 7610, didn't think I would but it looks groovy. Dunno if I can afford it though, looks like it would cost a bomb. As for the fashionable three, no way! Not for my tastes at all. Possibly the first one you recommended, but since its not available yet that makes it hard to get. Are things like that cheaper in finland btw? Would I be better to buy abroad?

Fri Oct 01, 11:45:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Er, not cheap exactly, no. In fact "horrendously expensive" would be more accurate. The 7610 (that I treat so casually) costs about €575 - €600 over here... which is more than I paid for my computer.

Fri Oct 01, 11:52:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well its 325 sterling here, so its just as easy to get it here. I don't think I'm quite ready for the commitment though... although it is pretty. Whats the picture quality like#/

Sun Oct 03, 02:25:00 p.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home