Monday, October 11, 2004

*Background process cycle

I've understood for some time that I have a background process cycle. Whenever I have a really difficult problem, I sometimes achieve best results by trying to tackle it, failing, and then zoning out for a bit. When I come back to it, I generally can find a solution. It may not be the solution, in which case I rinse and repeat.

This is all to do with the sub-conscious, and it generally well understood, but lately I have come to embrace this aspect of my psyche. In general it allows me to run into a brick wall, then catch up on the world of IT via slashdot, wired, etc, safe in the knowledge that my beaver-like subconscious is on the job :)

A word of warning though: studies show that the intense thinking you put into the problem before hand is an essential part of the process. Delegating difficulties to your subconscious, with no effort on your part will not work.

Now the next time your boss catches you giggling at Dilbert.com, you have a ready, technical sounding excuse :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nude Games said...

I have not understood, what you mean?

Fri May 20, 12:19:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home