Monday, October 25, 2004

Sun is a Drug

(mostly tongue in cheek)

It was a grey weekend.

It was the sky, the rain, the wet concrete, my sodden socks. It was the sense of dusk at 4pm, inertia, and the feeling of staying up too late at 4am, and then, the shadows under my eyes, and the groggy dullness of the next day. It was self inflicted.

There were occasional flecks of colour on the canvas - there were the autumnal hues of the birch leaves, and the orange "ryanic" in the chat client. The was the juxtaposition of a vivid yellow Ferrari in the darkness, driven by a twenty year old. There were the lime tinged fajitas (cheers Gordon) which didn't poison Agathe. There was the endlessly reoccurring crimson in American Beauty (what a film!), and the cheery kalaedescope of Family Guy. There was lying on my blue couch chatting to Niamh :)

As I roused myself this morning, the sky was blue! The light was pale gold! The thermometer said four degrees, but the sun warmed. The trees bestowed a confetti of coloured leaves upon me as I cut through the crisp air, and some wanker nearly ran over me in a vibrant red and yellow taxi.

So I'm sitting here with too much shine of my monitor, gazing at the text through someone else's fingerprints, but I don't have the heart to pull the blinds. It'll be dark by 5pm. But for now there's sun. I needed that :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quoteth Dave: "mostly tongue in cheek"

Ah, you're just covering yourself.... you're loving it, you literary snob you! :)

Tue Oct 26, 10:48:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Yeah, it was fun to stretch that particular literary muscle after not writing in tedious extended metaphor since about 5th year :)

Current literary trends tend to make me a little ashamed of using any style other than conversational...

Thu Oct 28, 01:55:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what *are* you reading these days? Finnish novels? I'm reading the curious incident of the dog in the night-time which is very entertaining.

Thu Oct 28, 11:10:00 a.m. GMT+3  
Blogger delta said...

Sadly, I'm not reading anything at the minute. I haven't read a single book since I got here! Well, some classic short stories from the net, but I don't really like reading from a screen. I'll make it a mission to go to the library today!

Thu Oct 28, 12:07:00 p.m. GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You *should*... its great to be reading again, probably the only good thing about my commute is that I get to tear through books (as long as they're not too taxing!)

Fri Oct 29, 11:05:00 a.m. GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home