Saturday, October 16, 2004

Movies, Games and Videos

After hanging out with all you beautiful, UGC card toting folk last year; catching a flick about twice a week, and seeing almost every worthwhile film released between October and June, I've been going a bit cold turkey over here.

I saw King Arthur a few days after I got here, and Terminal about a month ago, and apart from that - nothing - so it was with great joy that I went to see The Bourne Supremacy on Thursday. Finnkino do a two-for-one on that day, so I wandered on down with Agathe. Actually, if you're feeling really bored you can click through and notice that Suomi is about 1 month behind good old Eire, and the UK for films - Collateral opened yesterday. Oh, and that all the arty european affairs that open in UGC are replaced here with arty Finnish affairs, sans subtitles.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Identity, so I was looking forward to Supremacy quite a bit, and wasn't disappointed. I'm a really bad judge at the moment (because I'm so happy to be seeing a movie at all, where'd my cynicism go?) but I thought it was par for the course. Nice car chase, slightly reminiscent of Ronin. Great camera work too, really builds an atmosphere.

It was also really nice to recognise a lot of the locations in Berlin, it made me quite reminiscent, I've really good memories of our hanging around Ostbahnhof, Alexanderplatz and Potsdammer Platz. Berlin was great!

Well, if that wasn't enough, discovery of the month has to be a plush meeting room between the girls & guys sauna rooms at work. It's decked out with about 6 couches, tables, a fridge, and a TV, and can be booked by anyone! We added a DVD playing laptop to the blend at enjoyed the fabulous Clerks courtesy of Gilles - how I've never heard of this film is beyond me - followed by AliG, innit, and a Dutch compilation of so-bad-they're-great-a-la-spawn trailers entitled something like "The Night of the Bad Taste".

Lately Unreal 2 had been keeping me up late. I feel in a bit of a gaming timewarp, I really want Unreal 2004, but €50 is a bit steep, it's 6 months old!

Anyway, that's enough of my ranting for now. Go n-éirí... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home