Saturday, November 20, 2004

Blizzard!

Ok, well maybe not a blizzard exactly, but there's more snow swirling around outside at the mintute than I've ever seen! There's already a couple of inches on the ground and it's only been like this for a few hours.

It's really captivating, I've spent the last hour just staring out the window. It's nature's tv-static...

Apart from the weather, all is quiet. I'm getting through the Da Vinci Code at a rate of knots. I find the facts themselves very interesting, but the narrative is pretty tedious, forced, and at times depressingly predictable:

Incidental Policeman #1 "Did you dig up anything on the Butler"
Incidental Policeman #2 "Not really. Oh Oh wait! He's fatally allergic to peanuts"
Reader 'Why would you tell me that, excpet so that you can kill him later with peanut infested seltzer or some such'
*later*
"And the drank the cognac, which tasted aslty..."
Reader: *sigh*

I've also migrated over to my new phone - Nokia's first proper 3G phone, the 6630. Of course, I don't have a 3G simcard yet, so I'm stuck with pedestrian GPRS rates rather than the full 400kbps data onslaught. I have to say (no, I have to say) to it's a great phone. Excellent 1.3 megapixel camera, with a nice "burst" feature that takes 2 photos a second for three seconds, and a clear screen. I'm using it to check my gmail thanks to their new POP service. Ah, gadgets rock :)

Hmmm, the light is fading, and the mist of snow is starting to look ominous with it's new sodium glow...

Anywhoo, I'm off to IKEA to buy stuff... the days of the computer and I sitting on the floor till our asses go numb are over!

Take it easy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I hope the snow will stay till I get there, the weather's turned nice and cold here but its highly unlikely that we'll get any snow.

Whats your skype username btw?

Sun Nov 21, 04:07:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely agree with you about the Kludo-is-more-complicated plot layout in Da Vinci Code, would love if the trivia in his book were complete fact though - it'd be worth it just for that - waitaminute, was I already talking to you about this while drunk on your graduation night? I'm getting a deja vu moment here.

Well done on getting the project up and running man(ghosts in the machine aside - I find sitting at the terminal and shouting "I cast thee out...The Power of Christ compels thee!!!" doesn't in fact work but makes me feel a lot better(the Taoist approach to programming :) ) ) When are we getting a rose-tinted account of the graduation weekend?!

Skier

Mon Nov 22, 05:14:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I'm really feeling rosy, I guess :) Also maybe when I get my snaps developed...

Tue Nov 23, 01:35:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home