Friday, November 05, 2004

Hope the weekend is good :)

I didn't make it in to work until 2pm today, which is simply scandalous... I swear my morning energy levels are somewhere between "near death" and "corpse". I've been doing a little reading, and I've concluded that my recent unhealthy eating habits are contributing to a lower metabolism, and hence less energy. Anyway, I have to fix it, because a 2pm - 10pm working day is a real killer.

Eating. I had to rush out and buy food today, after Agathe helpfully reminded me that all stores and restaurants will be closed tomorrow. [Did I say "stores"? Shops damnit! I've already called sweets "candies" today. Dah!] It's all Saints Day. I always thought that All Saints Day was the day after All Souls, but apparantly it's the first Saturday afterwards. To juxtopose: all shops will start opening again on Sundays to facilitate Christmas shopping. I'm sick to death of penny pinching, and I'm not going to make it to the 20th without racking up a little debt, so I bought authentic ingredients for a really good carbonara :)

I've been very dissatisfied with the lack of cartoons available via RSS, so I've decided to figure out how to make my own feed - the feed part is quite easy - it's the writing a script to assemble the feed that's a little daunting. Any successes will be hosted from Matrix, and written in python :)

Not a lot else. I'll have graduated by this time next week, and will no doubt be in a crowded bar somewhere with a bunch of rowdy engineers. Make that moneyed Rowdy Engineers... Awesome thought.

I've also been a bit lazy on adding pictures to the blog, so here's a rather gratuitous picture of my R.E.M. ticket. Cheers Alex :)
REM ticket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home