Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Alive, alive-oh

Yes, still here.

I did almost post twice since last week, but ran out of steam at about this stage, and so went over to penny-arcade to see if there was a new cartoon instead.

The only major event in my life lately has been the most serendipitous and excellent discovery of extensive trails throught the woods close to my apartment. The journey to work in the morning is much more enjoyable - there's something about narrow paths and trees that makes you pedal faster!

They were uncovered whilst trying to locate a tennis centre, and replace Agathe's ailing tennis partner. Imagine a very big inflatable bath-tub (no, go on, I'm going somewhere with this). Now imagine two tennis courts, end to end. Cover the tennis courts with the inflatable bath tub. This is what the centre was like. If you've seen the X-Files movie, it was disturbingly reminiscent of the place where they kept the bees. Oh, and the giant inflatable spider stuck in there gave me the creeps too.

Apart from that I've finally encapsulated my interrail photos in a gallery, and I'm thinking of running a post on the strange and wonderful phrases people have googled for, only to end up here.

Oh, and I'd better mention I'm getting a couple of hits from Annie's fresh new site . Now I must go, before the temptation to bitch with reckless abandon about my technical woes overrides my fear of NDAs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err..do you mean flip the bathtub over the water-filled inflatable tennis courts or keep it right side up? I keep either imagining a giant hive-like structure or a massive bathtub complete with Anna Kournikova and rubber duckie...I'm not sure why the latter...the woods sound class - such a cool way to get to work in the mornings especially if its snowy!

Skier

Fri Nov 05, 01:30:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger delta said...

The hive structure is bang on :) Though a giant inflatable Anna Kornikova would probably up their subscriptions considerably. Yeah the woods are good - I'm starting to regret not buying a hard as nails xc mountain bike just a little... but then I overtake some cars in town and it's all worthwhile again. I love my hybrid :)

Fri Nov 05, 09:56:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home