Sunday, November 07, 2004

Late night...

Well, I'm sitting here in front of the machine at 3:20am, feeling that delicious, detached, semi-sleep feeling you used to get during night-time car journeys as a child.

About an hour ago I arrived back from Gilles place, where he and Catherine, who's sort of his fiance, hosted myself and Agathe. Lots of real French produce, all very tasty :) The general tastyness was accompanied by excellent conversation, and followed by Alien, watched in complete darkness :) It made me pedal just that little bit faster on the lonely parts of my cycle home. So my carbonara ingredients live to see another day. I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a sponge - I've consumed quite a lot of rather good food courtesy of mes amis, and haven't really reciprocated...

The intervening time has been spent playing Ian at virtual pool. I'm nicely full, nicely sleepy, and nicely mooded, so I might just head to bed soon. I'd better explain the "sort of fiance" bit. As far as I understand, they've participated in a legal arrangement that makes them officially partners, but they're not married.

It sounds like a drunken coven are having a hen party outside my window. This is either a strange sample in my music coming from the rear speaker (I recommend The Avalanches), or I need to pay attention :)

Oh, and a big big thanks to John, who has rescued my matrix account from the attentions of the BOFH :) Thank you sir, you are a gem :)

Either the coven are musical, or it is in fact my speaker. Dear Lord I'm spaced. It's not helping any that the Arena down the road is shining spot-lights into the sky above my block. I think I'm going to hit the hay before everything degenerates into some kind of weird sleep-deprivation induced bad trip. Good night all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home