Monday, November 29, 2004

Slush Puppy

*Found it - although it seems some transmission error has edited out all the genius bits :p Honestly...*
Last night it was -3 and snowing. This morning it's +1 and melting.
These conditions have conspired to produce a deep carpet of slush,
difficult to walk on, and near impossible (but oh so entertaining) to
cycle on. If you've ever tried cycling on someone's gravel drive
you'll know what it feels like.

Ah, cycling, which brings me to my bike. There is something cool
about having metal spikes in your tyres. It's the same kind of cool
you get with mud-splattered jeeps, power-tools, and heavy plant
machinery - a rugged, manly (possibly compensatory) cool, but a cool
nonetheless. On Saturday (when it was still freezing) I managed what
felt like 20mph upon two inches of solid ice, with the back wheel
kicking out a little every now and again to keep things interesting.

In other news, after two abortive attempts at installing Fedora (it
hates my RAID), last night I sat down in front of the damn thing for
about seven hours, and watched Alex coax it to life. It still can't
read my RAID (when Knoppix can, strange), so the only way to boot
windows is to engage in BIOS trickery, but that's a problem for
another day.

Apart from that I'm still vaguely peeved at club Mecca in town, for
their over-24s policy, which prematurely ended my night out with the
Nokia International Club on Friday, and thanks to said club and their
Christmas party, I have my very first Christmas decoration - a little
snowman :)

Oh yeah, and thanks Sean, now I've got tea stains all over my monitor :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home